Terms and Conditions
- Last updated on Januari 1st 2018 -
In these general terms and conditions and on the website mattisewatches.com (the Website), under MATTISE a company established under the laws of the Netherlands. MATTISE’s head office is situated at Gasthuislaan 173, 2013TB Haarlem, the Netherlands. MATTISE is registered at the Dutch Chamber of Commerce, Chapter Amsterdam, under number68956622, VAT number NL 223038696.
1. On all offers, orders, purchases and deliveries of MATTISE products through the Website these terms and conditions apply.
2. These terms and conditions are accessible for anyone via mattisewatches.com/termsconditions
3. In the case of any discrepancy between language versions, the English prevails.
4. By ordering MATTISE products via the Website, the buyer agrees to these terms and conditions.
5. MATTISE has the right to amend these terms and conditions from time to time.
3. THE OFFER
1. If an offer is subject to a limited period of validity or is made subject to conditions, this will be explicitly mentioned in the offer.
2. Our offers contain a complete and accurate description of the products being offered.
3. MATTISE is not bound by obvious errors or mistakes in our offers.
4. Every offer contains information that makes it clear to the buyer what rights and obligations are related to the acceptance of the offer.
4. THE CONTRACT
1. A contract will be concluded, subject to Clause 3and paragraph 3of this Clause, between the buyer and MATTISE, at the moment the buyer accepts an offer from MATTISE and all conditions to accept this offer have been fulfilled.
2. MATTISE will immediately confirm receipt of acceptance of electronically accepted offers to the email address provided by the buyer once accepted. It is the responsibility of the buyer to provide the correct e-mail address during the order process. The buyer can dissolve the contract as long as the acceptance has not been confirmed by MATTISE to the e-mail address provided by the buyer.
3. MATTISE may obtain information – within statutory frameworks – about the buyer’s ability to fulfill his payment obligations, as well as about facts and factors that are important for the responsible conclusion of the contract. If that research gives MATTISE proper grounds for declining to conclude the contract, then it has a right, supported by reasons, to reject an order or application or to bind its implementation to special conditions.
4. MATTISE will send to the buyer, at the latest when delivering a product, the following information, in writing, or in such a way that the buyer can store it on an accessible durable medium:
4.1. the office address of MATTISE’S business location where the buyer can lodge complaints;
4.2. the conditions under which the buyer can make use of the right of withdrawal and the method for doing so;
4.3. information on guarantees and existing after-sales service;
4.4. the price, including all taxes on the product
4.5. the method of delivery; and
4.6. the model form for right of withdrawal.
All prices shown on the Website are including VAT, in accordance with the applicable legislation. In case an order will be shipped to a delivery address outside the EU, VAT will not be removed at the checkout. Please note: in case of an order that is shipped to an address outside the EU, the buyer may be subject to import duties and taxes, which are levied when the shipment reaches the specified delivery address. The buyer will be responsible for payment of such import duties and taxes. It should be noted that MATTISE has no control over these charges and, since these charges are different for different countries, MATTISE cannot predict their amount. MATTISE advises the buyer to contact the local customs office for further information.
1. MATTISE offers the following safe payment methods:
- PayPal (by using Paypal, the buyer can transfer money from his bank account, credit card account, or Paypal account.)
- Creditcard (MasterCard, VISA, Maestro, Discover, Diners Club, American Express, JCB): during the order process the buyer can fill in his/her credit card number and the expiry date of his/her credit card. The buyer has to make sure that the exact name as written on the credit card is filled in. The payment authorization process will take place and the buyer will be informed whether or not the payment has been approved.
- iDEAL: for buyers with a Dutch bank account, it is possible to use iDEAL. iDEAL has been developed in a joint effort by Dutch banks. The iDEAL payment system connects to the most common Online Banking systems and is a trustworthy payment system.
2. The buyer will be bound to the terms and conditions of the payment provider of its choice in relation to the payment. MATTISE has no control over these terms and conditions and cannot be held responsible for the contents thereof.
1. MATTISE offers free shipment on all our products to buyers addressed in The Netherlands.
2. All mentioned delivery terms (shipping days, delivery time in working days, shipment date etc.) on the Website should be understood as estimated delivery terms and cannot be understood as final delivery terms or guaranteed delivery terms.
3. The buyer bears the responsibility for the correct input of the delivery address; in case anything goes wrong with the shipment of an order due to an error in the delivery address made by the buyer, MATTISE cannot be held responsible for the (partial) loss of the shipment. In case MATTISE needs additional information regarding a delivery address, the buyer may be approached by MATTISE in order to provide additional information. A delay in the delivery may occur in case additional information regarding the delivery address is needed.
4. MATTISE will use all reasonable efforts to deliver the order within the expected delivery terms to the delivery address. MATTISE cannot be held liable for any delays in the delivery of an order.
5. If delivery suffers a delay, or if the delivery cannot be implemented, or only partially, the buyer will be informed about this as soon as reasonably possible after the order has been placed. In this case, the buyer has a right to dissolve the contract free of charge.
6. The risk of damage and/or loss of products rests upon MATTISE up to the moment of delivery to the delivery address, unless this has explicitly been agreed otherwise.
7. In case the buyer receives a product that the buyer did not order, the buyer must inform MATTISE hereof as soon as possible (within 24 hours after receiving the order) by email (or through the contact page of the Website). The buyer will take care of the return shipment of such a product after receiving return instructions from MATTISE and MATTISE will bear the costs of this shipment and will subsequently take care of the shipment of the correct product to the buyer, provided the buyer has fully conformed with the return instructions from MATTISE.
8. In case a product has been delivered to the buyer in damaged or incomplete state, the buyer must inform the MATTISE customer care team as soon as possible (within 24 hours after receiving the order) through the website service.cluse.com. Subsequently, MATTISE will decide how to deal with the matter at hand; the customer must always inform MATTISE in the aforementioned situation(s) and wait for the instructions of the MATTISE customer care team. A customer who returns a product in this situation at his own costs, without first contacting and awaiting the instructions of the customer care team, cannot claim the costs he/she made at MATTISE (nor hold MATTISE responsible for the return shipment that took place without prior consent of MATTISE).
9. In case the order that has been shipped or is being shipped by MATTISE to the buyer, is missing, went missing, or in case the buyer claims that he/she did not receive the order (despite information such as the track & trace data / carrier information, indicating otherwise), the complaint procedure of the carrier will be started and the outcome of this procedure will be awaited, before any refund or re-shipment shall take place. The buyer will fully cooperate with the complaint procedure of the carrier. In case of a shipment that went missing as the result of an error by the carrier (and after the complaint procedure of the carrier has been completed), MATTISE will either refund the customer or MATTISE will try to re-ship the ordered product.
10. In case a shipment still has not been delivered at the delivery address of the buyer (or the pick up point) 14 days after the shipment date the buyer has the obligation to inform the MATTISE customer care team by email within 14 days (so: ultimately 28 days after the shipment date).
8. TRIAL PERIOD and REVOCATION
1. Unless stated otherwise, the buyer has the right to revoke the contract and to return his/her order during a trial period of 14 days after having received the order, without having to state a reason for his/her revocation (please note the above mentioned exceptions: in case a product is delivered that was not ordered, or if a product is delivered that is damaged or incomplete, the buyer has the obligation to inform the MATTISE customer care team by email and to await further instructions).
2. The buyer who wants to exercise his right of revocation shall report this to MATTISE, within the trial period, by means of the model Revocation Form included here and as provided to the buyer together with his/her order, or in any other unequivocal way.
3. The return address for returns within the trial period is:
In case of a defect or warranty request, a different return address may apply, therefore in such case, please always first contact our customer care team and await further instructions.
4. In case the buyer wishes to use his/her right to revoke the contract, the buyer is only allowed to unpack and/or to use the ordered product as far as is needed to be able to determine whether he/she wants to keep the product. The buyer may only handle and inspect the product in the same way that he would be allowed in a physical shop. During the trial period the buyer must carefully handle the product and keep the original undamaged packaging.
5. The buyer will return the ordered product to MATTISE no later than 14 days after the day of reporting his/her wish to revoke the contract to MATTISE together with all the accessories (if any) and, insofar possible, in the original state and packaging, in accordance with the return instructions of MATTISE (as described on the packing slip).
6. The buyer is responsible for the return shipment of his/her order and bears all the risks related to the return shipment and the burden of proof for exercising the right of revocation correctly and in time. MATTISE strongly advises the buyer to return a product by insured shipment and in a sealed packaging. In case an insured return shipment goes missing, gets damaged or in case the reception of a returned shipment is denied (for example in case no valid signature can be shown by the carrier), the buyer may have the option to hold the carrier liable. The buyer, as the sender of the return shipment, can start the complaint procedure for any issue that may occur with the return shipment. The buyer will keep the (official, digital) receipt of his/her return shipment that contains the tracking information.
7. The shipment costs for a return shipment under this Clause will be borne by the buyer.
8. Provided that all requirements for revocation have been met, MATTISE will credit the buyer as soon as reasonably possible and in any event within 14 days after having received the return shipment (no credit applies for costs of the return shipment). Any credit due as a result of a returned product, will be credited to the account that the buyer used to pay the original order.
9. In case the buyer wishes to use his/her right to revoke the contract or to cancel his/her order, while the shipment of the buyer's order has already left the MATTISE warehouse (which usually on work days will occur right after the buyer places his/her order) - even if the shipment has not yet arrived at the buyer's shipment address of choice - the costs of returning the shipment to MATTISE will be borne by the buyer.
10. In case any import taxes, duties or customs (administrative) costs are due, because the shipment has been imported into the buyer's shipment country of choice (a process that in most cases cannot be stopped, once the shipment is on its way to the buyer's shipment country of choice), these costs will be borne by the buyer. Upon crediting the buyer, MATTISE will deduct the import taxes, duties and/or custom (administrative) costs as far as these were charged to MATTISE (as the sender of the parcel) upon crediting the buyer.
9. WARRANTY AND REPAIR
1. The MATTISE warranty policy is automatically in effect upon purchase of any MATTISE products. MATTISE grants an one (1) year warranty period on its watches and a one (1) year warranty period on its accessoires. The warranties guarantee the buyer that the products meet the standards of usability, reliability and durability.
2. The warranties do not apply in case of:
- theft or loss;
- intentional damage;
- damages as a result of improper usage such as scratching, bumping or falling;
- normal wear and tear or aging of the used materials; or
- damages as a result of neglected care.
- water damage
3. The warranty on a watch relates to the movement and not to other parts such as the glass or the strap. Wear traces visible on the watch, must be considered as normal effects of usage. The effects of perspiration on the strap differ from one person to another, due to the differences in acidity.
4. most MATTISE watches are 3 ATM Water Resistant: this means that the watch is protected against minor splashes of water. 3 ATM water resistant MATTISE watches cannot be worn during showering, bathing, swimming or diving. MATTISE watches should not be exposed to more than minor splashes of water or to chemical substances such as perfume, cosmetics and cleaning products.
5. The buyer acknowledges and agrees that MATTISE jewellery is fragile and will break if not handled with care. The warranty on jewellery only relates to demonstrable production errors. MATTISE jewellery should not be exposed to water or chemical substances such as perfume, cosmetics and cleaning products as this may lead to discoloration.
6. The warranties no longer apply in case a third party performed repair works or other works on the product, without prior written permission by MATTISE.
7. Shipment costs for a return shipment after a warranty request or repair request (for defects occurring after the buyer has used the product), will be borne by the buyer.
8. In case of questions regarding returns and warranty, the buyer can always contact the MATTISE customer care team via the contact section on mattisewatches.com .
10. PERSONAL DATA AND PRIVACY
MATTISE complies with the privacy regulations, as recorded in the "Wet Bescherming Persoonsgegevens" (the "Dutch Personal Data Protection Act"). The buyer, for example, always has the possibility to see, to amend or to delete his/her personal data, by logging into his/her account on mattisewatches.com .
MATTISE will store the data entered by the buyer in a file. The data will be used for the purpose of fulfilling the buyer's order and will be stored as long as is necessary in order to deal with possible issues regarding the fulfilment of the order. MATTISE guarantees that all personal data will be handled with care. The buyer's personal data will not be shared with any third party, except for purposes of fulfilling the order or for repair purposes. MATTISE is allowed to use the buyer's data to advertise products to the buyer.
11. APPLICABLE LAWS
These terms and conditions are governed by Dutch law, provided however that consumers may also be able to invoke mandatory legislation applicable in their own country of residence. Any disputes between MATTISE and the buyer will be brought before the competent court of Amsterdam.